Svoboda Party program
І. Power and Society: Radical Clean-up and Fair System
- 7 Set the graph "nationality" in the passport and birth certificate. Determine the nationality by birth certificate or birth certificate of the parents, considering the requests of the citizen.
- 11 Reduce the term in office of the President of Ukraine to four years. (One and the same person can hold the office of President for no more than twice). To be elected as the President, one must be a citizen of Ukraine by birth, has lived in Ukraine for the last 20 years, has reached 35 years of age, who speaks and is fluent in the official language, has no criminal record and has not been brought to responsibility for anti-Ukrainian offenses.
- Why specifically mention "anti-Ukrainian offenses", and not murder, or whatever else?
- 12 Implement a proportional system of elections to the parliament with open lists. To be elected as a deputy, one must have been living in Ukraine for the last 10 years, reached 18 years of age, who speaks and is fluent in the official language, who is competent and has no criminal record.
- 14 Oblige candidates for all elective offices to specify in their official biographies the nationality, all previous (from the Soviet era) party and government positions and convictions - repaid and unrepaid. Withdraw the registration of the candidates who concealed biographical facts or deprive deputies of their mandate, if the concealment was found after the election
- Only Soviet era, nothing from WWII era?
- 21 Raise the age limit of judges to 30 years. A judge may be elected if he is a citizen of Ukraine who has experience in the field of law for at least 5 years, who is competent, has no criminal record, has been living in Ukraine for the last 10 years and who speaks and is fluent in the official language.
- 29 Introduce the practice of the widest direct democracy in local communities - referendums, plebiscites, general meetings and so on. Introduce the practice of the widest direct democracy in local communities - referendums, plebiscites, general meetings and so on. Conduct local referendums on vital issues. Introduce a mechanism for community veto on decisions of local governments.
- What about the 2014-03-16 referendum in Crimea?
ІІ. Economy: Economic Independence and Social Justice
- 23 Allow land ownership only of homestead land parcels and those under apartment buildings and other real estate. Do not allow ownership of land by foreigners and persons without citizenship.
- Will that comply with EU law?
- 38 Require to conduct construction of state and municipal facilities solely by national experts, thus creating working places for the citizens of Ukraine.
- Will that comply with EU law?
IV. Citizenship and Migration: Right to a Homeland and Protection of the Living Space
- 1 Adopt a new Citizenship Act, under which citizenship will be given only to those persons who were born in Ukraine or are ethnically Ukrainian, who returned from abroad for permanent living and working in Ukraine. Allow people born in Ukraine from foreigners or stateless persons to acquire Ukrainian citizenship upon reaching age of majority only under the conditions of Ukrainian language fluency, knowledge of Ukrainian history and content of the Constitution of Ukraine.
- 2 Allow to acquire citizenship of Ukraine in exceptional cases, to persons who are legally residing in Ukraine for at least 15 years and are fluent in Ukrainian, have knowledge of Ukrainian history and content of the Constitution of Ukraine., took the oath of allegiance to Ukraine and abandoned all other nationalities. Disallow these persons' right to acquire the citizenship of Ukraine, if they have criminal records.
- But foreign born "ethnically Ukrainian" people can acquire citizenship even if they have criminal records?
- 6 Facilitate the mass returning to Ukraine of ethnic Ukrainians. Ensure preferential terms for returning home of Ukrainians and their descendants born abroad.
V. Information Space and Education: Preserving National Identity and Cultural Development
- 1. Adopt the Law "On Protection of the Ukrainian language" instead of the current "On Languages in the Ukrainian SSR". New State Language Policy Committee, responsible for the protection and distribution of Ukrainian language. Create a State Language Policy Committee, responsible for the protection and propagation of the Ukrainian language.
- So, the other languages will not be "protected" anymore?
- 2. Regulate the use of the Ukrainian language in the media according to the number of Ukrainians - no less than 78% of their space and airtime.
- But more than 78% is OK?
- 5. Implement a mandatory Ukrainian language exam for civil servants and candidates for elected office. Require all state employees to use Ukrainian language at work and during public appearances.
VIII. Crimea and Sevastopol: Establishing a Constitutional Order and Ensuring Stable Development
- 1. Submit to nationwide referendum the change of status of the Crimea from autonomous to regional and abolish the special status of Sevastopol.
- 11. Make a complete revision of property rights and land use rights and property of objects in the Crimea.